ACD works with an accommodation provider who has housing located in the city-centre, within walking distance of the campus. The accommodation package includes a breakfast and evening dinner meal-plan. Students can look forward to a warm and friendly atmosphere in a secure and caring environment. Should you like to book this accommodation please email us at email@example.com and let us know.
There are other options you can pursue should you wish to book the accommodation yourself. The YWCA is located just a ten minute walk form the college and provides excellent facilities.
Common facilities and provisions include:
- Dining room
- Common room with cable TV
- Laundry room
- Wi-fi throughout the building
- Access to tea and coffee making facilities
- Supply of bed linen on arrival
- Heating and electricity charges included
All twin bedrooms are ensuite and equipped with:
- Desk and study lamp
- Private bathroom with shower, sink and toilet
There is a lovely dining area and a patio garden on the ground floor of the residence, where students gather for their meals.
For more information or to check availability please the YWCA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Another alternative is the Montrose which is a student residence located opposite UCD, a short bus journey from the city centre with buses every 5-10 minutes during the day. All rooms are large en-suite bedrooms with shared kitchen/living/dining areas with dining table, sofas and a Flat screen TV shared by 6-8 rooms. The Montrose is fully self-catering and has a Spar convenience store and Insomnia coffee shop along with a branch of Bank of Ireland on site. Rates include all utility bills and there is an on-site launderette along with an on-site management office staffed Monday-Friday 9-5 and a 24/7 security call out service for peace of mind.
Details can be found here: http://www.zigguratstudents.com/dublin/montrose
Also, we have an offer available from another provider spotahome.com. Spotahome.com is a mid to long term accommodation booking platform available in Dublin. All the listings on their web are personally verified by team members and their multilingual customer service team supports their users through the whole booking process. Below are the details required in order to obtain a discount available for ACD students.
Students may prefer to arrange their own accommodation. There are many options available in the city, and students should not have any difficulty finding somewhere suitable to live. Depending on individual preference, the student can share a bedroom or have his or her own apartment. Apartments and houses are available for all lifestyles and budgets.
The following are popular sites to find your own accommodation in Dublin.
- Daft have a student specific section of their website which is very useful to narrow down the serach options. It can be found here http://www.daft.ie/student-accommodation/ and they also release a report that will help you get an idea about current pricing and what you should be paying here http://www.daft.ie/report
- Hosting Power provides affordable and comfortable accommodation for students coming to Dublin as part of their Third Level or Postgrad studies. Students can book their accommodation online in advance, for the full duration of their stay in Dublin, by going to hostingpower.ie
- Each property is personally visited and photographed by the Hosting Power Team and each host is met in order to make sure that both the property and the host are suitable for students and meet the standards set for the students’ comfort, privacy and safety. All properties are well located giving students easy access to their place of study as well as the city centre.
- Hosting Power guarantees the rental price so that students pay a fixed and fair rent, which includes bills and WiFi. Rent is paid directly to the landlord from the day of arrival and continued as such on a weekly basis.
- All of Hosting Power’s rooms are private and intended for single occupancy only. Students have access to the common areas and facilities such as the kitchen and use of the washing machine.
- To secure a booking, students only need to pay the service fee during the online application. This once off fee covers all the services provided to the student from the time of booking until the end of their stay, and is calculated according to the duration.
American College Dublin is located at 2 Merrion Square, Dublin 2. Please use Google maps to check the location of your accommodation from the College.
American College Dublin is located near the LUAS (Dublin's tram service) and the DART (Dublin's suburban rail services). We are also well served by several different Dublin Bus routes. Good transport websites which will give you details on travel information to and from the college include - dublinbus.ie, irishrail.ie (DART), and luas.ie (tram). The DART serves areas out of the city centre like Clontarf, Killester, Harmonstown, Raheny, Kilbarrack, Sutton, Howth and Malahide. These are suburbs based on the Northside of Dublin. It serves areas like Sandymount, Booterstown, Blackrock, Monkstown and Dun Laoghaire in the Southside of Dublin. The LUAS's green line service travels to St. Stephen's Green, a 5 minute walk from the college. You will see the areas this line serves on the website provided. Dublin Bus also provides good links to areas like Smithfield, Castleknock, Blanchardstown, Dundrum, Lucan and dozens more areas.
If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact the admissions office directly at email@example.com